30 Jan Face and body cleansers with honey
The recipes from the book “Cosmesi Naturale Pratica by Francesca Marotta” offer you have the aim of cleaning without irritation. For some recipes, it is necessary to sift one or more ingredients. Sieving is indispensable to obtain impalpable powders that do not “scratch” and that can be rinsed easily even from the areas of the body where the hairs could hold some grains. Use a very fine sieve.
In the soap recipes you will notice that are no essential oils: it would be useless to do so because natural essential oils they react with the soap and lose much of their effect perfuming or cosmetic.
Cleansing almond paste
Smoothes the skin of the face, leaving it soft and silky. Used as a mask, it has a moisturising, emollient and protective effect.
Ingredients for about 150 grams of almond paste:
100 grams of unpeeled shelled almonds
2 or 3 tablespoons of acacia honey.
1. Pulverise the almonds in an electric coffee grinder or food processor. Mix with honey to form a malleable paste. It might be perfumed by adding 5 or 6 drops of an essential oil of your choice to the mixture.
2. Shape into a ball and store it in a closed jar or plastic bag. It can be kept in the refrigerator for 1-2 months.
How to use
Remove a hazelnut paste from the ball and rub it on the wet face, forming a kind of thick “milk”; if necessary, add a little water. Massage and rinse with warm water.
To use it as a mask, collect about a teaspoon of paste in the hollow of your hand, soften it with a little water to form a cream, spread on the clean face by massaging, let it act for 10 minutes then rinse with warm water.
Wheat germ and honey cleanser
For dry and tired skin, it leaves the face soft and hydrated. When used as a mask it has a smoothing, stimulating and anti-wrinkle effect.
Ingredients for about 150 grams of detergent:
50 grams of very fresh wheat germ
About 3 tablespoons of acacia honey
1. Pulverize the wheat germ and cloves in an electric coffee grinder, then use a fine sieve. The sieving residue can be used for cooking, for example, added to the dough for sweets or biscuits.
2. Mix with honey to form a soft and sticky paste.
3. Store in a jar with an airtight lid. It can be kept at room temperature for 1 month, 2 months in the refrigerator.
How to use
Take about a nut of cleanser and rub it on the wet face, forming a kind of thick “milk”; if necessary, add a little water. Massage and rinse with warm water. To use it as a mask, collect about a teaspoon of detergent in the hollow of your hand, soften it with a little water to form a cream, spread on the clean face by massaging, let it act for 10 minutes then rinse with warm water.
It is very convenient as an all-purpose travel cleaner, compact and lightweight. Remember that washing hair with soap should not become a habit: it is better to use it as an occasional system, preferring other more physiological systems.
Ingredients for about 8 bars of soap:
A piece of pure Marseille soap of 300 grams
7 tablespoons of crystallized honey
250 grams of whole cane sugar
150 milliliters of brandy or cognac.
1. Cut the soap into flakes using the julienne grater. Put the soap flakes in an enameled or stainless steel pot together with the other ingredients, place in a double boiler and cook covered for about 15 minutes, stirring gently from time to time.
2. If there are many lumps left, blend the mixture with the hand blender, at very low speed (otherwise it creates too much foam).
3. Sprinkle the molds with talc, remove the soap from the bain-marie, pour it into the molds and let it cool. When solidified, remove it from the molds and cut it into the desired shapes.
4. Place the soap bars on a sheet of white paper and let them dry away from direct sources of heat for a couple of days, turning them often to dry them evenly.
How to use
Use it as a common bar of soap. To wash your hair, rub it on wet hair until foam forms (it will take some time), adding a little water from time to time to facilitate its formation; rinse thoroughly with hot water. Always do the penultimate rinse with a liter of water to which you have added a glass of apple cider vinegar, or better still use the lemon balm after shampoo.
Cleansing milk with yogurt and honey
It cleanses gently but deeply and also removes makeup. It also has a re-acidifying, moisturizing and rebalancing effect (for dry or oily skin).
Ingredients for about 100 ml of cleansing milk:
3 tablespoons of fresh whole white yogurt
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons of honey
4 drops of essential oil
4 drops of tea tree essential oil.
1. Mix all the ingredients together, beating with a fork to emulsify them.
2. Store in a dark glass bottle. It can be kept for 7-8 days in the refrigerator.
How to use
Shake before use. Pour about a teaspoon of cleansing milk on a cotton ball and pass it repeatedly on the face and neck. If necessary repeat the operation. Remove milk residues by rinsing your face with warm water, or by wiping with a swab moistened with distilled flower water.
Note: If you are unsure of any of the ingredients in the recipes, we recommend doing a patch test. Place a bit of the product on your arm, cover it with plastic, and leave it there for a bit. If you get any bad reactions, please don’t use these recipes on your body and or face.